In recognition of excellence in the craft of filmmaking for television or web series:
John Frankenheimer Award for Best TV Pilot/Web Series
In recognition of excellence in the craft of filmmaking for feature and short film:
Philip D’Antoni Award for Best Feature Film
Michael Cimino Award for Best Short Film
Fred J. Balshofer Award for Best Student Short Film
Marguerite Bertsch for Best One Minute Film
In recognition of excellence in the craft of filmmaking for documentary film:
Best Feature Documentary Film
Marshall Flaum Best Short Documentary Film
Nora Ephron Best Student Documentary Film
In recognition of excellence in the craft of filmmaking for animation film:
Max Fleischer Best Animation Film
Tissa David Best Short Animation Film
Joseph Barbera Best Student Animation Film
In recognition of excellence in the craft of filmmaking for music videos:
John Berry Best Music Video
In recognition of excellence in the craft of scriptwriting for film:
George Abbott Award for Best Feature Script
Philip Dunne Award for Best Short Script
In recognition of excellence in the craft of acting for film:
John Cassavetes Award for Best Actor
Rita Gam Award for Best Actress
All films presented at the Festival are eligible for John Cassavetes Award for Best Actor and Rita Gam Award for Best Actress.
All awards are determined by jury ballots across all Festival screenings with award designated to films that best connects with audiences.
RULES & TERMS
The authorized representative of the project named below (hereafter called the "Project") for consideration to New York City Film & Television Festival (hereafter called the “Festival”), hereby acknowledges the following:
1. Those authorized to submit projects to New York City Film & Television Festival duly authorized all necessary rights and licenses or interests (including, without limitation, intellectual property rights or distribution licenses) to permit New York City Film & Television Festival to use the submission as they see fit for but not limited to screening and promotional purposes without New York City Film & Television Festival being liable for any claim by the any and all parties connected with the submission.
2. Those authorized to submit projects to New York City Film & Television Festival duly accept all liability related to the submission, whether live, digital, or any combination thereof, in relation to infringe of any copyright, patent, privacy right, publicity right, trademark, service mark or any other personal or property right of any person or entity, and that the submission does not and will not constitute or include any defamation of any person or entity. All license fees, clearance fees, and other obligations, of any kind, arising from or associated with the exhibition of the submission in or in connection with the New York City Film & Television Festival, have been and will be timely paid in full.
3. In the event that the submission is accepted by New York City Film & Television Festival for inclusion in the Festival, all those authorized to submit acknowledge that the festival’s exhibition or presentation of the submission in the Festival does not and will not create any confidential or fiduciary relationship between the Festival. Project’s Owners, nor any related entity will receive any compensation for such exploitation, although some Festival prizes may include cash awards. The undersigned acknowledges that no obligation of any kind is assumed by, or may be implied against, the Festival in the event of, by virtue of, or as a result of the Project for the Festival. The undersigned and the Project’s Owners understand and acknowledge that the selection of the Project for inclusion in the Festival does not and will not in any way constitute an express or implied endorsement or approval by the Festival of the content of the Project or any opinion expressed therein.
4. Those authorized to submit projects agree that the Project is being submitted to the Festival voluntarily and without promise or inducement, and that the submission of the Project neither imposes nor creates any obligation or responsibility on the part of the Festival, and/or any Related Parties to accept the Project for inclusion in the Festival, to exhibit the Project in the Festival, to acknowledge the submission of the Project, or to return any Project materials and further agrees that, in submitting the Project for consideration, any other representative or person affiliated with the Project are jointly and severally waiving, forfeiting, forgoing and relinquishing any right that we might otherwise have to assert any claim or commence any proceeding in any forum or tribunal against the Festival, or any New York City Film & Television Festival Related Parties, based upon, arising out of or otherwise relating to the submission, exhibition or failure to exhibit the Project (including, without limitation, claims relating to any failure or refusal to exhibit the Project in the Festival, the exhibition or marketing of the Project at or in connection with the Festival, alleged oral or written representations by the Festival or its representatives relating to the submission or exhibition of the Project, and any other matters arising from or relating to the submission of the Project), whether such claims may be based on theories of contract, implied contract, tort, statute, or other legal theory (hereinafter, “Claim”). In the event that any Claim is asserted, or any action, arbitration or other proceeding is brought or commenced, in violation of the agreement set forth in the immediately preceding sentence, the undersigned, on behalf of the undersigned, the Project’s Owners, and any other representative or person affiliated with the Project agrees to indemnify the Festival from any and all Claims, losses, liabilities, damages, fees and expenses (including, but not limited to, reasonable attorneys’ fees and other costs) that are incurred by the Institute, the Festival and any New York City Film & Television Festival Related Parties as a result of or in connection with any such Claim or any action, arbitration or other proceeding brought in violation of the representations and agreements set forth in this submission agreement.
5. A refund of the submission fee paid in connection with the submission of the Project to the for consideration for the Festival shall only be granted if the Festival wishes to do so and is under no obligation once Project is submitted.
6. In the event that the Project is accepted for inclusion and exhibition in the Festival, and if t Project’s Owners and any other representative or person affiliated with the Project have contractual obligations to any producers, distributors, creators, cast or crew regarding "festival benefits" (which may include but are not limited to production credits, screening tickets, Festival credentials or monetary compensation), the undersigned agrees and accepts that those “festival benefits” must be administered by Project’s Owners, do not impact Festival whatsoever The undersigned or Project’s Owner are to supply Festival with a downloadable trailer for promotional use as Festival see fit without limitations.
7. The undersigned warrants and agrees, on behalf of the undersigned and each of the Project’s Owners, that by submitting the Project to the Festival, the Festival and all persons employed by, contracted by, or otherwise directly associated with the Festival are deemed to have been granted the irrevocable right to view and/or download all digital assets associated with the Project, including, but not limited to, any representation of the Project in the form of video files, still images, assets streamed via the Internet, and/or all other assets and information provided by the Applicant on the application. All digital assets referenced above shall remain active and accessible by the Festival. Any dissemination of these materials, incidental or otherwise, shall not be the responsibility of the Festival or any New York City Film & Television Festival Related Parties.
8. If the submitter is younger than the legal age to enter into contracts in the state of the submitter’s principal place of residence, the Festival has been provided with signed, written consent from the undersigned’s parent or legal guardian.
9. Code of Conduct: New York City Film & Television Festival promotes an environment where bold, creative, and distinctive voices are celebrated. New York City Film & Television Festival is committed to allowing filmmakers, their teams and Festival attendees to experience New York City Film & Television Festival Film Festival free of harassment, discrimination, sexism, and threatening or disrespectful behavior. The Festival reserves the right to rescind an invitation to participate in the Festival for those who engage in such conduct.
10. The submitter hereby acknowledges on behalf of all Project Owners that the submitter has read and understood the Rules and Regulations for submitting a project to the Festival and that the information contained in said Rules and Regulations does and shall supersede any information obtained elsewhere, including, but not limited to, information contained in any current Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) documents and/or rules and regulations documents from prior years.
11. By completing the submission application for New York City Film & Television Festival consideration, the submitter, on behalf of all Project Owners and those associated, freely and voluntarily gives and expresses full and complete acceptance of all of the terms and provisions set forth in these Terms and Conditions. The parties acknowledge that no oral representations, inducements, promises or assurances of any kind, and no representations, inducements, promises or assurances not set forth in these Terms and Conditions, have been made to the undersigned or the Project’s Owners by the Festival or any New York City Film & Television Festival Related Parties.
12. In the event that the Project is accepted for New York City Film & Television Festival, the Project Owners will enter into a Festival Participation Agreement incorporating all of the terms and conditions of this agreement, which terms and conditions shall be and remain binding upon the submitter, the Project and the Project Owners.